Sunday, February 22, 2009

Road Trip

I was planning on going back to my home town for a high school anniversary. Not a reunion exactly but an anniversary of the school being built. Sounded like a great idea. Through Facebook I have been able to get in touch with a lot of old school mates. Since I have not been back to my hometown since 1981 it seemed like it was perfect to go back for a while and see this beautiful part of the country, which is the Eastern Townships area of Quebec. I grew up about a two hour drive East of Montreal. This area is beautiful any time of year but especially when the leaves are turning colour in the fall. The anniversary was planned for the July long weekend of this year. Arrangements were made, things fell into place (no weddings booked for the long weekend and a great seat sale with Westjet) then it all fell apart. The anniversary was cancelled! But I have my plane tickets.
So I am still going down from July 2nd to July 7th and will be able to get together with a few of my friends from that time in my life along with doing some touring around my old stomping grounds. Now since I have the weekend off I would love to photograph a wedding and perhaps a few family portraits while I am there. So if any of you who happen to check in on this ramble from time to time and live in that area and would like to have professional photographs taken on that weekend, let me know and we will work something out.

No comments: